The Arvika Festival, Day 1
Tuesday, July 07, 2009
So I went to the Arvika Festival and - of course - had a blast. Not as I thought it would be but real good anyways. I stayed clear from almost all the flirting and concentrated on the music and my camp.

I was lucky enough to drive a small bus from Stockholm to Arvika which was great, only problem was that even though a guy knew that we were going the wrong way didn't say anything. So we made a D-tour that took about 2 ? hours? Gah! But once we got there everything was sweet. The bus was used as Depeche Modes transportation the following day =). But I didn't drive it.

So the Acts? Wow! They were great!

The Festival stated of with having a huge hug with my mum, drinking champagne and going to see one of my favourite bands "Detektivbyrån". Yay!

Mum and me outside my "new" tent I got for 75 kr at an odd shop so
that I didn't have to bring my good one along.

Detektivbyrån =)



Me filming one of the song where the band of three cute geeks
had taken three young local kids to play along with them. So cute!

And if you wanna listen to more Detektivbyrån, here is a link to their homepage.
http://www.detektivbyran.net

Second band of the day was "Röyksopp" a Norwegian electronic duo (?) which are pretty good but I was more in the mood for beer with Mum so I listened with half an ear and concentrated on my beer. Cause Nine Inch Nails were gonna come on stage soon. We'd bought some, which we otherwise never do, band t-shirts and had "NIN" written over out chests.

Nine Inch Nails were of course absolutely faboulus and played all my new favourite song "Dicipline" Yay! I really wanna build a larp character on with that song as an inspiration. Listen more to NIN right here and also download his new album and some other stuff. =) www.NIN.com They were also the best act on the festival!

Strong entrence and getting right to the point.
Trent Reznor, Nine Inch Nails.

Trent Reznor, Nine Inch Nails.

Nine Inch Nails, Trent Reznor again. He's a one man band who makes all the music and under the name of "Nine Inch Nails" tours with a band to preform his music.




My somewhat shaky video of "Dicipline", Nine Inch Nails.

Neither me or Mum could get anything else in our heads or hearts after that show so we went talking for a bit and on towards a good nights sleep. At my camp sight there were lots of people everywhere partying just like it should be on a festival and just as I was gonna crawl inside my sleeping bag some people placed a HUGE stereo outside my tent and started to dance frenetically to some sort of house. I thought I might have troubles sleeping or try to talk to them to move the that thing and their party somewhere else but hey, I can sleep throw anything. It just meant that I dreamt about dancing. =)
This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: