Fortune Cookies
Thursday, March 18, 2010
I admit it, I've been having a slight addiction to Fortune cookies - the ones on the web - for quite a while now and love the irrational thoughts they randomly throw at you. And a lot of them do actually make me think. But I guess a lot of things make me "think" at the moment, all the while I'm trying hard to take action and letting go of things that simply aren't good for me.

The weekend before last I was at Prolog (http://lajvkonvent.se) which is a larp convention (and in this post I wont even get into what larp is, I think I've tried to explain it quite a few times already, there's always wiki if you've got no idea at all). Anyhow, I went to several larps but this one really got to me.

The game was about a bunch of friends who shared a flat together and their life. To summon it up in; The 70-tees, Free love, one monogamous couple and lots of hippies. The game in it self was brilliant and the new meta techniques were awesome but the best of all was the warm feeling I had (and still have) in my tummy of how it was (is?) to truely be loved and respected by your friends and partners. And even though I was just playing a character some of it stuck with me. The love. Oh, wow... I needed that love.

It made me see who my true friends are. And even though we might not talk to each other every day, we'll always be there for one another. The conclusion? I'm still working on it but dancing all Saturday night sure as hell helped. It always does. (Inc a cute girl I've been dating on and off this winter and who I've obviously offended without knowing how + a cute and very unexpected "getting lost in the moment" - episode at 5PM on the dance floor with someone else. But nothing makes a Saturday night complete without falling asleep on the train which made me that I actually missed my station 3 whole times! Got home at 7.30 AM.) This weekend? Göteborg!

And to tell ya the truth, I don't know if I believe in fortune cookies at all and for the most part they aren't even vegan so I wont eat them but you gotta admit - their kinda cute.

Heart: Quiet
Soundtrack: Talking to friends at Geek Woman United - after work
Quote of the day: Shakespear
"JULIET 
O fortune, fortune! all men call thee fickle:
If thou art fickle, what dost thou with him.
That is renown'd for faith? Be fickle, fortune;
For then, I
 hope, thou wilt not keep him long,
But send him back.
(3.5.60-64)"

Tomorrow you will open your eyes
and see the world in a new light.

Ride a mule while looking for a horse.

You will step on the soil of many countries.

And to finish it off:
Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 18, 2010 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: