I found Bush hunting Bin Ladin in Morocco, he was chasing him
round and round and round on a rail never getting anywhere
and I new instantly that this needed to be bought and given as a gift.
The never ending hunt, Bush you're just not gonna make it!
Here Kazai is merrily trying to catch Osama.

I've got a special place for the summer in Stockholm or rather we'll see how long I'll stick around but I'm very happy to crash on my best buddy's couch in his living room. Thanks again, Kazai for letting me stay. Here's everything I need. A place to sleep, a tea pot with a working kettle, a bathroom (or well there will be after they've finished renovating it), power for my lovely Yvanne (my laptop) and good company provided by the flat mate's but mainly of course by my lovely friend Kazai.

But there are a few things that scare me. The fact that I'll be living with three guys is one thing, that they all love computer/video/drinking games is another thing and neither of them seam to know how to do the dishes directly after making dinner but I can live with that. There is something else that scares the shit out of me, they've build an altar in the middle of the living room where I'm gonna be staying. Its a huge... no you don't get it, its a HUGE flat screen TV with a play station 3 and X box. WTF?? How people can live and worship this thing I will never understand, especially people who spend their entire days in front of a computer screen at work. Why the hell would you wanna spend your time off glued to yet another screen? I'll guess its one of the mysteries in life. I'm thinking of building an altar of my own in a corner of the living room, with a small Buddha and some incense. Maybe a candle or two and I really should start meditating again so that might be the perfect opportunity to start, being inspired NOT to sit in front of that... "thing". Even though I spend a lot of time in front of my computer I still think there's a huge difference - controlling what you want the screen to show you or getting commercials brainwash you into thinking you want possessions. Gah! Ok, I've turned into some weird hippie but hey, at least I'm out there... hmm, doing what? Swimming with the dolphins! (But that's another story).

The altar. The TV. My fear.


My Yvanne, My love, My link to the world
and one of my tools in my art. Plus my lovely Kiwi
and in the background, my sleepingbag.


The teapot!! My laptop and sleepingbag.


In the kitchen, between sculls and hangovers.

Song of the day: Tool - 10'000 days
(the album and "listening buddy" I had in Nelson, miss you so much!)

This entry was posted on Saturday, April 25, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On Monday, April 27, 2009 at 2:34:00 AM GMT+2 , Ola said...

Ha, you make the dump look good on the pictures!

 
On Monday, April 27, 2009 at 9:58:00 AM GMT+2 , isobelll said...

Thanks, I tried!! And believe me, it wasn't all that easy. ;)