As I stayed in Ayutthaya I found out that there were lots of Monkeys in the next city - Lop Buri - about 10 baht and an hour away by train. Wow, I had to check it out!


Video of the Monkey Temple.


There actually are monkeys everywhere,
I later find out that about 3000 (!) run around the city
in different gangs that will regularly fight each other.


These were the first ones I saw.


And while I was busy taking a picture of this one...



This monkey was busy stealing my sunscreen,
luckily he gave up after noticing that it wasn't very tasty.


If you look closely you can see all the monkeys running around everywhere.


The picture every tourist had to take according to the guide
that came with the entrance fee of 50 baht.

I also bought sunflower seeds to feed the monkeys with,
never in my life did I imagine that I'd get to feed one of these sweethearts!


Trust.


Inside the temple it was dark, monkey free and filled with... bats!


Feeding more of these little furry friends. Its meant to bring luck too.


This little fella' can't be to old, seamed kind of lost too.


The guide/caretaker thought it was to hot outside today
so he bought the monkeys a huge log of ice which they loved.


And then he showed me how monkeys look when they're real angry!


And I leave you with this little fella' who took my sunflower seeds
and stole my heart.
This entry was posted on Friday, June 26, 2009 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: