A mission in Visby
Tuesday, October 06, 2009
The Happy Visby gang from this summer, with newcomers and missed one's, meet up for the annual "Visby Culture Night" to catch up and party hard. Yay us! These things usually never happen even if you say "oh, we are really gonna try and see each other again." But we did. And we even managed to complete the mission that we set out to do, so many months before. So here it goes and I really do hope I wont get into trouble cause of this.

As we'd checked out the weather forecast we rescheduled our mission and had it on Friday instead of Saturday, which was a real good choice. To bad everyone hadn't arrived at the time though. Me, Fiffi and Mr. B talked about making an art installation to contribute to The Night of Culture in Visby and our theme was "Distance". Fiffi had made beautiful lantern's which we grabbed along with a bunch of other candles that could withstand the cold wind and made our merry way through the streets of Visby. (Yeah, after a drink or two we might add. And also after my talk with Mr. B so I was all filled with fresh hope and bubbles I might add.)

Mr. B who's from Visby took us to an old Church ruin and told us how to get inside. I could feel my already high bubble level going up another nudge and followed the others without hesitation. The old building had lots of little secrets to share and soon enough we were all, after a few adventures and climbing on top of it but it surely felt like we were on top of the world, or at least Visby.

Fiffi's Lanterns.

We started spreading out the candles, took out the lantern's and lit it all up. We'd of course forgotten a couple of candles that we bought especially for the lantern but it was just as beautiful anyways. Fiffi told us how she'd thought about the "Distance" project and that she wanted to illustrate the distance between people by making two pairs of lanterns that were perfectly made for each other, almost hugging one another.

Then it was my turn. I'd thought I make something out of wire, which is my favourite material, but couldn't think of anything to do! After a bit of panicking and a deadline pressing I gave up and did something completely different, like I always do. So I brought along about 25 friendship bracelet's which I'd spent night and day making for the last week. "Now there doesn't have to be a distance between us at all!" I said and we all hugged while putting them on. Yay!! Ok, might not be to big of an art project to the world but we had lots of fun and it was real special.

And as a little extra note, Fiffi came up check on me when I was real hung over and asked if me and Mr. B 'd like it if we could share one of the lanterns. What? Wow, yes please - we'd love too!!! So we each lit a candle and sat them side by side where they kept us and each other company all Sunday night and wrapped them in tightly on Monday morning. And the first thing I did when I got home was to pull it out, check that it had survived the boat trip and put it beside my laptop. They act as a firm memory, a real piece of evidence of the weekends wickedness. The whole thing seams very unreal but then again, I look at the lantern as it sits here beside me and remember all the love (there were 7 of us) and sweet adventures we had. Then it all becomes almost to real. Thanks, Fiffi! They are truely wonderfull!

Soundtrack: Sidewalk - "Everything is us"
(If you got Spotify, here's the track!)



It was dark when we got there but we
left little traces of candles (safe one's) behind.




Our candles as we placed them around the Church ruin.
And I even caught the full (well, almost) moon ;p

The little lights are our candles. =)


This entry was posted on Tuesday, October 06, 2009 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 4:56:00 PM GMT+2 , Mini said...

Wunderschön!

 
On Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 8:58:00 PM GMT+2 , Elenaria Cúthalion ni Aesin said...

Yikes, ni tog er in DÄR! :D Fiiint!

 
On Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 9:11:00 PM GMT+2 , isobelll said...

mm I know! Lite farligt men galet vackert. Everything in the name of art, my dear love! ^^