Pepper spray
Thursday, January 07, 2010
Copenhagen adventures part 3. Read part 1 - "Arrested at "Hit the Production" - Demonstration" and part 2 - "The Climate Cage".

What happened next has been described as torture by the legal council I visited directly after I got out. I didn't understand what was happening in the begining. All the sudden I had a hard time breathing, it hurt. And as I looked around my cellmates (cagemates) held pieces of cloth over their mouths and noses. Trapped and with no were to go the cops (after firmly holding our door in place again) used pepper spray to calm us down. Everyone took the blankets and put them up against the bars, tor the benches from the walls and made even more noise. But just as in a previous quote, "To calm people with pepper spray is just as effective as trying to calm a cat by shoving custard down its anus". It didn't exactly help. Pepper Spray? The cops are actually using peppers spray on us? I couldn't believe it. This was just not happening. And for those of you who don't know, just like I didn't, pepper spray spreads throughout the room and will stay there for quite some time not just affecting one person but the whole lot of you. Which meant that we were all breathing in pepper spray for the next couple of hours. Needless to say, I got a bad rash covering my body afterwards which took about 3 or 4 days until it went away.


But the best part was when everyone started chanting at the top of their lungs "This is what Democracy looks like!!!" which resulted in even more pepper spray... And hey, I'm all for democracy. Its just that this, that we're calling Democracy and keep on forcing everyone in the world to convert to - well, come on you guys! Its just not it. This is what "your" democracy looks like, wanna come and check out the real thing? Or try some Anarchism on for a change? Some real, sweet beautiful Anarchism. There is a whole lot more to it then media wants us to believe. Remember "Freedom of Speech"? "They" obviously don't.

Eventually the riot police stormed us, stormed all the cages (at least on the woman side) and took away everything. Pressing us up against the wall and threatinging us with their weapons. They even took away our water. Shortly afterwards all the woman were transfered to the other side of the hall were the men were keeped. Of course still seperate but these cages had thicker bars - haha! They didn't count on us actually being able to break out. HAHAHAHA! you know what, we're just as pissed off as these guys are!

No water, no warmth, no food and the general freeling of hoplessness spread through out the room. After about six hours we were set free, fresh air had never smelled so good to me! There's a new law in place that got passed just before the COP15 in Denmark. It means that the Police has the right to a so called "preventive arrest". (1, 2, wiki) Which basically means that they can arrest anyone for anything and say that the persons were planning on making trouble later on. You don't even have to have anything ileagl on you!! And yes, the Police actually stop people on the streets to check them. Randomly.

The new Law says that people from Denmark can be held in custady for up to six hours without any real reason and of course longer if they want to. Foriners can be there for twelve hours. but we we're lucky, the gang on the night before had been there for twelve hours and got fed meat. (Arrested at the big demonstration 12 Dec 2009). Hey, we're environmentalists! A lot of vegans if you hadn't noticed?? They also had to sit on the grownd for several fuckin' freezing hours before getting on the busses that transported them to the prision. And a lot of them were set free after an hour on the bus too, not enough space to hold them all. Gosh. And this was a planed arrest too!!

Heaps of info out there about that one, here's a quick youtube:



Heart Status: I finally got up the nerve and replied that email I got from Zhe about a week ago. (I'd sent a short reply saying I'd get back when I knew what to write as soon as I read it and now I sorta worked out what to say, more or less.) I guess now its my turn to wait again. But I don't even know if there is gonna be an answer to this one. Or what type of answer I want. Still all confused inside and... in love.

Nightmare's: Heaps. I stayed at Electroboy's house before hitching back to Stockholm and I hadn't been asleep for more then a minute or two when the first one hit me. And then they kept on coming all night. Every night. I don't know what I'm afraid of but it sure as hell isn't funny anymore.

Person of the Day: A random anonymous comment I got about my blog, thanks. Your thoughts and words mean a lot to me.

Soundtrack: The Streets and anything else British Bitter Trip-Hop sounding. Make's me frown, smile and pout while trying to sing along. It also seems to numen the heartache, only one draw back though, numens everything else too - with extensive listening.  

Links:
I'm getting interviewed. Ha, chose the language you prefer or google your own news paper.
 http://indymedia.nl/nl/2009/12/64249.shtml
http://www.modkraft.dk/spip.php?article12227
http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2009/12/396147.shtml


http://www.modkraft.dk/spip.php?article12211
http://sargasso.nl/archief/2009/12/14/kooien-in-kopenhagen/
http://www.motkraft.net/nyheter/3720


More:
http://www.modkraft.dk/spip.php?article12222
http://indymedia.dk/articles/1726
http://icop15.org/tags/hit-production


Youtube of the Day:
This entry was posted on Thursday, January 07, 2010 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: