Jet-lag in Kiwiland
Saturday, July 12, 2008
So I'm finally here, in my new apartment in Nelson New Zealand. And having the Jetlag from hell! It's freezing cold in my room, about 15°C after I turn the heater on! But I've put my warmest clothes on (plus mittens and a cap) and hope for the best. It's 12-15°C daytime outside.

Everything is still very surreal and I'm still asking myself the same old question over and over again, What the hell am I doing? But it's ok, I know it will be ok in a couple of days. Or I hope it will.

Surprisingly I'm not homesick but but I miss everyone. To be honest I break down and cry when I remember that the next time I get to hug my mum, brother and Cat is probably in April 2009. I miss you soooo much! And all you others back "home". But every time it gets to hard I just look outside my window and I remember why I moved here, there's a palm tree and what I think is a lemon tree - all green in spite it being in the middle of the winter.

The trips was an experience to say the least but it went well, flying with Thai air was so wired. The last time I was on a big air plan I was about ten years old and a lot has changed scenes then. On the flight to Bangkok there was a huge screen showing movies all night long and free drinks which was a really good idea, calming my nerves. And from Bangkok to New Zealand it got even worse, a small flat screen on the chair in front of everyone. So strange! And again, free drinks. Bangkok was totally awesome, I'll tell you al about it later.

I went to the market today and guess what, of course the fruit and veggies are a lot cheaper here. I paid about 10$ for all this! Thats 45 kr!


And I made my first embarrassing video of my apartment, this time in Swedish but I think it will be better in English the next time, so my aunt will understand =).





Todays song: No you don't - Nine Inch Nails

Note to self: Every time you think you are freezing to death, get outside!
This entry was posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On Saturday, July 12, 2008 at 3:35:00 PM GMT+2 , Mini said...

Wohnung sieht echt gut aus, hätte schlimmer kommen können. Und dass das Grünzeug so günstig ist, passt ja prima.

Vermisse dich auch!

 
On Monday, July 14, 2008 at 9:50:00 AM GMT+2 , Anonymous said...

Miss you very much.

 
On Monday, July 14, 2008 at 11:32:00 AM GMT+2 , Leo said...

And you said you went there to escape the cold? Ah, well.

Missing you!