Electricity anybody?
Tuesday, July 15, 2008

So I finally got my NZ bank account yesterday, my bank is called Kiwibank – you get 3 guesses to why I chose that one, and the first thing that happened is that my internet log on locked me out. Another trip to the bank today and I can hopefully log on but no money in sight. Haha, just my luck. Well, I'll manage. I've always got my visa where I can pay more but get money any ways.


Audio/video class started today and was okay, the teacher is not that good but alright. And of course I ask a lot of questions, that's what you are suppose to do as a student (and I have got all my fancy cards to prove it) and at the end of the lesson he said; “You've got a lot of questions there, haven't you, Grasshopper?” Well, yeah?! I wanna learn! But that's not what I said, I just polity asked the question again.


We're gonna do an audio documentary about 20 minutes long that might actually be broad casted on NMIT's own (?) local radio. I'm scared to death, I haven't done anything like that ever before! It's gotta be on music, so if anyone out there has an idea please let me know.


Just after I got out of bed this morning another alarm goes of and at first I thought that it was my neighbours, with the thin walls and all but then I realized that it was my electricity meter. It beeped, blinked and had a smiley face on it. What the hell? Later on I found out that it meant that I have to feed it more money, otherwise my power will get turned off. Fricking hell! I've only been here since Friday and I have already used up 20$ of power? No way! I've tried to not use the radiator much at all but now it will be none of that for me. I hope I'll get my money before I run out. But I found out that I can sit at the library in the warmth with my laptop and power but sadly no wireless but they have got internet on some computers there too.


I need to get out of these apartments! But I asked around some today and it doesn't seam that hard. Just got to find a paper and have some patience. Maybe not my strong side? Haha!


And yeah, they actually have got on&off switches on the sockets. The electronics cultures here are so different form Sweden's. Life here is very different all in all but it's okay, as long as I've got people around me I'll be fine. I didn't think that the isolation part was gonna be so hard on me, I love being alone. When I chose to at least.


Having the English language around me everywhere is quite okay but at the end of the day the thong always wants to skip a beat or two. Tired from all the unusual exercise. =)


Today's Maori fact: A hand shake is called “how do you do” course that what's always said when you shake hands and the Maori thought that that was it's name.


Song of the day: Leo Nordwall – Theme for The Zone

This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: