The Night Sky
Sunday, July 13, 2008
AM-PM? Sure I get it but obviously not when I'm setting my alarm clock. And as a result I slept through the hole day. But I guess its ok, still being jet-laged and all.

Last night I went out for a late stroll around the city to find out more about my new home and more importantly - if the night sky would live up to my memories about 15 years back. And no, sadly to say, it didn't but as I said, 15 (!?) years ago, being a child miles away from any civilisation can make every memory seam bigger then it really was. Back then I couldn't see the star signs course there were to many stars out there but now they where a lot fewer but I didn't really get a chance to look at them outside the city, maybe its different out there.

And then something else hit me, its as I thought a really small city, walking distance to literally everything. I'm hope that the worst case scenario wont come true, that it wont be a city like Enköping or something like that but even though it might be there's still one huge advantage to Nelson - we got palm trees! Even in the winter! I promise to take lots of pictures and load them up here, this one is from my first morning walk yesterday.

And before I forget again, my aunt found out that the time difference is only 10 hours, I'm ahead of you back "home" in Sweden. Somewhere I heard is was 12 but it's not, which makes it easier to keep in touch with everyone.

Song of the day, in honour of the Yellow Lemon Tree outside: Fool's Garden - Lemon Tree
This entry was posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 7:30:00 AM GMT+2 , Anonymous said...

Hi Babe! Got two links for you that i read the same day... a bit scary tbh... read ^^ http://www.idg.se/2.1085/1.171683
http://sydsvenskan.se/system/topicRoot/Amalthead_det/

Hugs and kisses

 
On Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 8:01:00 AM GMT+2 , isobelll said...

lots of hugs and kisses right back at you, darling!