Back to Nelson
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Back from Wellington and out of that circle. Seams to me that was all that we needed, to get away. Finally. And Wellington was so cool! I loved being in a city again, concrete (I never thought I'd admit to that one), people and huge buildings. The buzz. And its a tiny city either way but huge compared to Nelson. We went to a good Drum&Bas gig, "State of Mind" on Saturday. Yay! That was after a hole day of tourist-ing, and the night before huge amounts of beer. I might add that we didn't really sleep while we were there. But that all good, you can sleep when you get home. Haha! My favourite was Cuba Street, one small but adorable street full of cafés, alternative shops, good food and alternative people.

Back in Nelson and in school after a 2 week holiday, weird to be back. Needed the distance but realize that I don't want to go back. Not to this school anyway. So the carousel starts all over again. Getting myself deep into social dramas despite me trying not to, not doing enough work, always having a bad conciseness about stuff and not being able to see the big picture. Enough about that.

For the Swedish readers I can warmly recommend "Låt den rätte komma in" by John Ajvide Lindqvist. I could not stop reading it! I'm on a big German book at the moment and also "Det kallas kärlek" by Carin Holmberg which is about the problems in relationships caused by genders. If I boiled it down in one sentence.

Music: The rain against the roof outside my window.

PS. Miss you mummy, sooo good talking to you!
This entry was posted on Thursday, October 16, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On Friday, October 17, 2008 at 1:00:00 PM GMT+2 , Leo said...

I live in the very suburb where "Låt den rätte komma in" takes place!