Thoughts, memories and dancing
Thursday, October 02, 2008
This is how I wake up most days, she crawls under my covers and wants lots of attention around the time I normally get up. Good Morning, darling.

I realise that my foolish search for the perfect home is not gonna lead anywhere but I know that I have to look at more places, see more of the world to have some sort of idea or comparison to where I want to live in the future. And as much as I love Nelson, this is not the place. Maybe New Zealand isn't the place for me. I never had any illusions that it would be. Just seamed like a good place to start. As far away from Sweden as I could get. Working my way throw the world? I don't know. But I seam to be quite settled on the idea not to stay in Nelson next year. It's still a bit scary to think about not studying but I feel that I can't go for a bachelors (stay in one place for three years) if I don't know anything about the world. How could I? How can I possibly defend "my" art if I don't have the experience to back it up with?

The thing I'm not looking forward to is all the new paperwork, when the things that are going on now aren't even finished yet. Gah!

I've never been around people this much before and I thought I would never be able to handle it but its still going good. Surprisingly good. The occasional fight with my flatmate but on the other hand we hang out heeps too. I'm finally in some sort of routine which is a good thing I suppose but I'm already bored. Ha! I want new things and new adventures, Nelson has to be more then this. But now that summers coming the parties are starting to pick up again, or the official ones I mean. Went dancing in the middle of the forest last weekend, it was awesome! Clear night sky, trees all around, soft grass in the valley, live DJ's, huge film projector in the background, friends and the most important thing - Dancing! When the strobe lights started flickering I couldn't stop smiling, feeling so alive. Ok, I admit, I wasn't the most sober bunny in the bunch but I remember it all. Also the part of starring into the stars for about 15 min until a girl came up to me and wondered if I was ok. She must have thought I was totally wasted when I tried to explain, with the drum & bas blocking out our ability to hear anything else, that yes - I was only admiring the stars I had waited for so long to see again. That the biggest adventure has actually finally started. I waited long enough, thats for sure.

Bad cellphone quality of the Dance Party but you get the general idea, one of my mates has a cute comment in there and I think I'm trying to say something at the end. Not really sure what though. (The green stuff is the DJ's station.)


Been to a couple of different rivers near here too, they are so beautiful. But have a very Scandinavian feel to them. Check this out. Two of the guys jumped in the river, we weren't as brave on that day. But I will, I promise. But a bit more warmth wouldn't hurt.

Finding new friends was easier then I thought, or maybe just as hard as I imagined it to be. Getting along fine even though I miss having people around me sharing my interests. And the question pop up again, is it the place or the people that should decide if that is the right place to live? Well, I just know that my suspicions that I would miss LARPs the most when I left Sweden have become true. The streets of Stockholm and the life I used to live, the subway and everything that comes with it is of course still in my head and heart. But the thing that really makes Sweden different from every other place I can think of at the moment is the LARP scene, (live action role plaing game - in the style of "a nice evening with the family" or "Prosopopeia"). I don't think that I even have to mention that I miss my friends and mummy heeps? That goes without saying but they are not connected to the country itself. Even though they live there. Besides, you guys are always on my mind anyway ;P.

Music: This is my soundtrack to my "new" life down under - "Kora - Flow"
This entry was posted on Thursday, October 02, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On Friday, October 3, 2008 at 6:58:00 AM GMT+2 , Mini said...

So lange du "in dir selber" zu Hause bist, bist du überall zu Hause!