More 3D, more money?
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
I finally got the guts to walk up to the head of art school and explain to her that I wanted more out of this year then they had provided, I need more 3D. That was yesterday, this morning I showed my previous work to the program leader and got in! Yeah! But don't get to excited to soon, it will cost you. See the problem is that I was only in rolled in 3 classes, which I thought was sort of strange form the beginning (I need full time which means 4 classes but they said that 3 would do it for me too). I paid for a full time education, which should mean 4 courses and I'm now suppose to take them all. I've of course missed some weeks but I can catch up if everything works out fine.

So this is the problem, if I don't take 4 courses this year I can't go on to study here at NMIT at a higher level course I will have to take to many next year, it will not be full time by the standards of the school. I'm not sure that I will stay on here in Nelson but I want to have the chose later on instead of now. CSN (student loans in Sweden) might not want to pay even more money for me to attend school here if they think that 3 courses are full time but the thing that makes me wonder is that I actually paid for the hole term, all courses. But if I'm not getting more money then I can't go on studying the next 6 months here and I will drop one of the courses. But I still get to do two hole days of object studio. One on level 4 and one on level 5, I only need the level 5 one but I really feel the need to do more 3D at whatever level they might provide it. I'm dropping drawing&design and adding Digital media level 5. I'm still in Audio/Video even though the course suckes I want to get to know the media.

So that's the news on school. Personally I've been quite down over the last week. It's hard without anyone to really talk to, how actually gets what I'm saying. The more I get to know these people the more I realize that I haven't got that much in common with them. They're not interested in politics, the environment, art, larp, improve or adventures. Mostly music, films and partying. Thats fun too but I would just love to have a real conversation with someone about a meta techniques, how to do more for the environment (I really have to defend my being a veggie here, they can't get it through there thick sculls that you can actually live very healthy without meat) or just how to handle a new relationship. Ok, I knew that the relationship anarchy would be a problem for them. That I would be alone in that sense. At the moment I'm trying to find and get to know the queer community down here, they might be more open minded.

Music: Bjork - Cover me
This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 8:16:00 PM GMT+2 , Leo said...

Did you ever find any other deviants, such as yourself, in Nelson? I really hope you do, else you just might confirm my fear of small cities. Keep us posted on your explorations of the local underground. Perhaps there are any CrimethInc cells around?