Dubstepin' my little heart
Friday, November 27, 2009

Last night was mint! Me and Vexillum went to see Benga live on stage here in Stockholm. He'd found it on a poster and txt'd me - OMG!! Dubstep!!! So of course we just had do go =9.


Was in a bit of a foul mood all afternoon but as soon as I heard the first baseline, I caved and let lose. I didn't realize how badly I've missed it until I felt it again, all over my body. Vibrating. Making sweet love to that dancefloor, not being able to stand still. Having the music move my body without me having to do anything. Closing my eyes and simply letting it guide me.


I think there were about four or five Dj's on that night, including the informal Dubstep King - Benga. Usually its the main act thats the best one but this time, nah. I just can't decide. They were all way to good and made a huge inpact. As I was working up a sweat and the clock had almost hit middnight a DJ put on Burial - Ghost Hardware. Wow! He's my absolutely favourite artist in that genre, so I gathered that what ever was gonna happen later on that evening I had already got my moneys wourth. The main man Benga was just mint. As I went on dancing and closing those eyes, I fell into a trance sorta state, no alcohol or drugs. Just dancing, music. And when Skream - Rutten was pumping the soundsystem  at about 2.30 AM I felt complete.


Got home at 5 AM this morning and with about two hours sleep I'm ready to start the day, of course with some of that beautiful Dubstep adding the baseline to my day.


Soundtrack dedications and Youtube with the actual music:
The coolest New Zealand larper for taking me out to a real sweet dubstep night in Auckland. 
To Auan for introducing me and forever keeping me updated with the best Dubstep can offer. 
To Vexillum for finding that concert and last but not least,
To Tango for dancing with me all night long.



Burial - Ghost Hardware





Skream - Rutten



Benga at PHAT09 festival in New Zealand - yeah, I've seen him before. But you have to imagine that last night was in a sweet concert hall with a mint sound system.


Btw, Benga - 26 Bassline is one of his best!

This entry was posted on Friday, November 27, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: