So I went back, sat on that chair with my good friend the tattooist behind me and felt the needles penetrating my skin again. I enlarged the tree somewhat, let the branches grow just an inch or two across my shoulders and then it was filling time...

I'd been to Yoga class the night before, which made even my lungs ache. However it did remind me how to focus on my breathing and all those hours of meditation were also quite helpful. Concentration, meditation, breathing. Soon enough I could feel the oxygen mix up with adrenaline, endorphins spread across my body with a tingling sensation. Here we go!

After 2.5 hours I was getting kind of light headed though and felt like I was gonna faint but we were so close to the end, I didn't wanna stop! To stubborn for my own good as usual. Even though I could hardly sit up any more and realised that I'd probably taken this heavy breathing thing a wee bit to far. So while the needle kept on with a steady pace I changed strategy and used the sense of fainting to remember how it was to fall asleep, started breathing like I do when I wanna go to the dream land which as silly as it sounds almost happened. If it wasn't for that freaking pain of course.

The bits that were the hardest were across my shoulder blade where it curves just before hitting the armpit. The ribs and spine weren't all to pleasant either. Resting my head on my arm I could literary hear my bones vibrate as the needles hit them. But gah, the lower back was once again the hardest part. Those roots!! And I remembered how it felt getting that rat inked all those years ago. Fuck, that one really hurt!

3 hours later we were finally done and I could hardly stand up, had to hold on to stuff while trying to get to the mirror. And then the tears came, (or as close as I could being way to tired to actually cry), seeing the end result. I've wanted that tree for such a long time and now its finally here. I can still hardly believe it. But gosh, for every second I'm falling in love just a tad bit more. And I'll probably need to go back under the needle once more to tidy up a bit and fill in a couple of places where the ink didn't wanna stay put but at this point I'm just so glad its over.


Soundtrack: Whatever was on my fake-pod that day which ended up playing in the stereo. Only the "happy-nice-easy listening-soft-stuff" though.
Person of the day: My dear old friend the Tattooist
Crush of the day: Zhe (Surprised? Nah, me neither...)
| |
This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 04, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

On Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 11:54:00 AM GMT+1 , Mini said...

Just looking at your back makes me feel your pain! You are just great and your tree is fantastic!

 
On Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 9:49:00 PM GMT+1 , Vexillum said...

Det ser riktigt bra ut! Men jag kan känna smärtan. Krya på dig.

 
On Thursday, November 5, 2009 at 7:51:00 AM GMT+1 , Mini said...

WOW! Vad fin din blogg blivit!

 
On Friday, February 5, 2010 at 8:51:00 PM GMT+1 , Anonymous said...

Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

 
On Wednesday, January 12, 2011 at 8:53:00 AM GMT+1 , online shoes said...

I like your tattoos really innovative style