D and the Canadian girl in as we past through Dunedin
(and stayed for the night) at the world famous steepest road ever.


How anyone would wanna live here and carry their groceries home
is a mystery. Dunedin, Baldwin Street. There has even been
stupid drunk students racing down in shopping carts and such -
and yes, some of them have died.



So as you probably know by now I've been travelling and living in New Zealand for the better part of a year and am now back in Europe - at least for the time being. And I've started to write about my adventures down under, like this one. My first ever Bungyjump! Cause when you hit New Zealand - you just have to jump!

I caught a ride with a Canadian girl that I meet in Oamaru to Dunedin, crashed a night at a sweet couchsurfing friend and went on to Queenstown with her and D who came along too. As we hit town its already getting dark, raining and looking like a fucking (in lack for better word and so fitting for the description) Swedish ski resort. WTF? Why did everyone say that I absolutely HAD to come here? Why? Well, I don't know. I found a rather expensive backpackers ($26 per night I think) and booked my bungyjump for early next morning, there just had to be at least one reason for me to be in town.

Later on at night I had a sweet reunion with a Swedish friend who happened to be in town and we ate porridge, found "Swedish" hard bread and cottage cheese. While drinking tea we had a huge "we hate this fucking town/country/rain!" talk that all of us backpackers need once in a while. Then we fall in love all over again.


Queenstown, a wet ski resort in Sweden?
This entry was posted on Saturday, May 30, 2009 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: