I was gonna meet up with a friend (for lack of better description) in Christchurch, we were gonna check out Mount Cook together and even though I wasn't quite sure about the situation I'd been persuaded with the "sugerdaddy" method (which means "Come along, I'll pay for all and don't want anything form you"). But as I hitched into the Christchurch I found out that he'd already left which I was quite grateful for in the end expect I didn't have anywhere to stay - again. Free camping in the middle of the city? Auhm, let me think about it... No!!

Couch surfing seamed to be the only way but no one replied, of course, on such short notice. And once again I contacted Angel, my former couch surfing host and friend in Christchurch. But he sadly didn't have anywhere for me to stay since he was living with his family again, sharing a room with his brother (one was working a day shift and Angel was working nights). Shit! What to do? But just a few minutes later I got another txt from him saying that if I wanted I could crash in his mums car that would be parked outside his work while he was doing the night shift, awesome!

Angel and me went to a party before he had to go to work and I decided that hitting the dance floor would be a perfect idea on a Friday night so when Angel surfed he night shift I surfed the clubs. But gah! No good dance club do be found, no drum&bass! What the fuck? I think I tried something like 5 places until I gave up. I was just about to leave when I saw someone that looked, by the way he dressed, like he might know just the club for me. He didn't but persuaded me to stay by dancing real cute and NOT hitting on me, or well he was but not in the heterosexual guy aggressive manner. And we danced until the club closed at 5 am. Puh! After finally being able to talk and hearing the other person, without the music that is, I found out that he was a working artist who actually made his living painting. Cool! Of course I got very inspired and we talked heaps of art stuff... More in Part 2.

The stage at Phat 09, a drum&bass festival I went to at New Years. Dancing barefoot in the mud with beer cans everywhere, freezing cold wet, camping, drinking and pure love.

Best DJ on Phat 09, even though I was almost completely beat at the time - being the last one I saw on the festival: Skream! - Rutten


This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 20, 2009 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: