As we (the artist and I) talked and talked about the obvious subject of art we noticed that the sun was about the show her pretty face and looked at the time. Almost 6 am. Hmm if I went back to Angels car to sleep now I'd get about 2 hours of shut eyes until he was gonna get of the night shift and hit head on home. What to do? The artist, I shall give him a better nickname - Sunny, said that we should check out the sunrise at the beach. Wow, yea! Lets go! I picked up my bag and a huge hug for Angel (I'm forever grateful for all your help) and we hit the beach and played in the sand for a while.

Sadly I didn't take the picture but found it here
on the net but its from Christchurch, besides
I was way to busy to even think about taking
my camera along!

Then went back to his place while the sun already had shown us her pretty face. And wow, what a house! He was actually making it as an artist and living in a posh area in Christchurch. His paintings all over the place, a sweet garden and a cool studio. He was into realistic paintings but made them look surrealistic cause of all the details. Lots of fine landscapes but with a curtain edge that I respected and have come to love even though I normally hate landscape paintings.

Secret part (?):
And yes, with a pick up line from a cool artist like "wanna check out the sunrise with me on the beach?" you very well know what happened next. I'm not that innocent even though I might - uhm no? - look that way. He was about 10 years older then me (I've seamed to have been with way to many younger guys lately, not a good thing) and even though I rather not get together with guys he was not one of the typical ones - only knowing one way of satisfying a woman. Oh no! He was different, good and had a lots of sweet kisses to share.

I had an absolutely fabulous morning and at lunch we finally found some breakfast at a posh café close by. Ha, I'm used to finding some - if I'm lucky - oats in my bag and adding some water. Cold porridge - my main source of food while being on the road. So a fuchsia was PURE luxury. I even got to dry my tent in the garden and at night I made it into the city again to check out a free cool acrobatic show with some friends. Afterwards Sunny kept his promise that he'd made in a weak moment the day before - "of course there's Drum&Bass in Christchurch, I'll show ya!" Me and C (a German girl I knew) + Sunny went clubbing and simply owned the dance floor all night long. Ending up for another night at Sunny's place but this time as "just friends" which was rather nice.

And if he wasn't such a typical New Zealander I'd probably crush real hard on him. Now its just another sweet box of memories. =) Next day I managed to hitch all the way from Christchurch to Picton - about 5 hours on the road - where I'd booked my ferry towards the North Island. Hitching under time pressure isn't something I can recommend.

At the Drum&Bass club, which was actually a billiard one where they every Wednesday (?) had a D n' B night, they did some Beatboxing. I've never heard or heard of beatboxing D n B so I was really surprised and loved it! Of course my video's way of quality for any type of internet viewing but here is a guy who's got almost the same style as the guys did on stage that night, enjoy! And you'll just have to imagine a sweaty, dark, pumpin' dancefloor around you.

This entry was posted on Thursday, May 21, 2009 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: