Queenstown and my big jump
Sunday, May 31, 2009
I woke up in the top bunk bed at my backpackers that morning in Queenstown and I must point out - I'm NOT scared of height's but looking down and realising that I would be jumping of something a lot higher in a couple of hours, no thanks!! I hardly ate breakfast and was way to nervous to think for more then a few seconds on my way to the office. Luckily I meet a sweet guy there who also agreed to help me get some pictures if I were to jump. Can't back out now, I never back out! But oh, I wanted to. Secretly.

I finally got to the bridge and the waiting began. A lot of others jumped before me and it was freezing cold that morning. As I walked out on the bridge, after the guy in front of me just screamed his head off I wasn't sure at all any more. Fuck no, I do not want to go dwn that way. But at the same time, just please let this be quick and painless. The music was pumping at the same rate as my heart while the guide took my camera and another one tied a towl (yeah, a freaking towl!!) around my angles and the harness on top. That was all there was to it then. Now it was up to me. I stood up, wobbled to the edge and made a huge mistake. I looked down. A big no, no. The guide behind me said "Just look at that other bridge and jump towards it!" What? Its ages away!!! I can't do that. But I knew I just had to do one thing - not think and jump. But In my case I more or less fell over the edge trying to get back in when it was almost to late and screamed all the way to the down. But as soon as I was over the edge it was great! One of the best things I've ever done!!

Later on that night I finally fell in love with Queenstown, even though we (the Swedish girl who'd sky dived instead of jumping of a bridge) declared it to be a ski resort by hitting town on a Tuesday night and discovering that the clubs were packed. Both of us also found someone to dance with, ;). In my case I didn't actually want anything more then to just dance with this guy, he had great moves but it turned out after we hit the second club and he tagged along after a while - that he was from Hongkong and a great kisser. But I was a good girl that night and went "home" alone and hit the road again the very ext morning with a heart filled of dancing and fee filled of jumping.


The film the guy I meet that morning caught of me jumping,
wrong angle but here I go!


The Original AJ Hacker Bungy Jumping bridge.


Walking out there, I don't think I'm to keen anymore?


The towel, the harness and my fear. And oh, yeah. I had pink hair at the time.


No, I can't jump to the other bridge!
I can't jump!!


I can jump? No, no... but I can faaaaall!! gaaaaaahhhhh.....!


Please take me up there again, please please let me jump again!!
This entry was posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: