A call into my future
Friday, March 28, 2008
As I was out tonight with this really cute girl, (I asked her if she wanted to go to the movies with me, it was free and I was buying), she said to me that I should just call them. Yeah, I have heard that advice a lot lately. Call Kilroy. But what can they do? Just mail NMIT, (Nelson Marlborough University of Technology, New Zealand). And the same as me, wait. And then it hit me. They can't call them because of the 12 hours time difference but I can! So I went home, nervous. Not knowing really what to do and realizing that I wasn't only gonna call tomorrow, 12 hours ahead. I was also gonna call my possible future life. This was huge!

What was I suppose to say? Did they even know who I was and have my application? Was it important enough to look up for me? And how the hell should I get in contact with the right department? Are they on ester holidays as everyone else. (Idiot in a book 2000 years ago makes my life miserable, sorry if I offended you).

So I sat down at the computer. Filling skype with creds. Finding the right number on their very helpful web site. Making a list of what to ask, what to say and how to act. And then as I always do, just pushed the button without realizing that I jumped. And by the time I got the right connection I slipped into character, well almost. I was an international student applying to their visual arts and design diploma program. With a somewhat shaky voice hopefully disguised by the somewhat shaky skype connection. The first time I called they didn't answer. The second time, they didn't have the right information but I could call them again in an hour...

And time would never pass so slowly as when you wait for something really great or just the end of your bright plans for the future. But Cat was so sweet to distract me with heavy philosophical discussion that I didn't notice that it was half an hour later then I planned to call them again.

The hour of truth was here. Or was it? Did they have the right information this time? But the receptionist even remembered me and forwarded to the right person. And the very helpfull "international support person" knew how I was as soon as I mentioned Sweden. And she had the news I wanted to hear so badly. She said that I was welcome to their semester start at July the fourteenth.

And now as I'm writing this I don't know what to say or to do. This is just absurd. I have dreamed of going back to New Zealand for 16 years. In my wildest fantasies I've been an international student. And in other once I have been an art student. Now these are combined and I just don't know how to react. I called, I got the answer I was hoping for and now I can hardly sit still. How I will be able to sleep after this is a pure miracle.

To top the evening of, the bubbles I have been going on an on about have been returned. And I sit here, speechless. This is just to much, this can't be happening to me. Or can it? Have I been a good girl on santas lap? (Even thought I don't like the hole Christmas thingy). Has the karma finally turned, (not knowing what I should have done to top it over or if there is karma at all). I might never find out. But a few months from now, I'll be 12 hours into the future.

Music: Shout out louds - Tonight I have to leave it (The russian futurist remix)
This entry was posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On Friday, March 28, 2008 at 7:38:00 AM GMT+1 , Mini said...

Great! Toppen! Suuuper!

 
On Friday, March 28, 2008 at 12:15:00 PM GMT+1 , Anonymous said...

Congratulations and stuff. Im so happy for ya ^^

 
On Friday, March 28, 2008 at 7:30:00 PM GMT+1 , Anonymous said...

hurrahurra!