Animal rights vs climate
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Reading the morning paper is not a thing I do often. But today I stayed in bed and picked up my all fresh from the press number of Animal rights (Swedes Djurens Rätt). This always make me feel all bittersweet. Knowing that people don't care about whats essential to me at least and not knowing what the consequences are. I have talked before about the meat industrial and it's effect on the environment. And if your all for saving the world you should think about your meat habits. They will be the once that can save or kill our lives in the end.

This is a subject, thats almost always, is forgotten when talking about how to regulate the pollution. Transports, switching off your light bulb and other stuff like that makes people uncomfortable to think about. They actually have to change their habits and start to recycle but when it comes down to it, nobody really wants someone to interfere with their food. Sure, there are people that just don't care that the animal actually suffers a great deal, wether their brought up in an "ecological" environment or in one of the huge slaughter houses. But what I don't get is why these people insist on turning of there light bulb, going to climate demonstrations and so on. Yes, everything we do will in the end effect how future generations live on the planet and everything counts but if you chose to not include dead animals in your diet you will done a lot more for the climate then never even turning your light on at home.

Coming back to the newspaper, I mostly get tired of always feeling like I'm all alone having these opinions (of course I'm not a saint and I do lots of horrible stuff for the environment, don't get me wrong). And that the politicians don't know anything about the real world anymore but there is one that got my respect this morning. Young and upcoming, which is when they still have an opinion, but still. Thanks to Alexander Chamberland one of the former leaders for the green youth parties in Sweden. Hopefully there are more of you out there and that you get more influence on the "real" action at the top office.

Do I need to say again that 18% of the global warming problems comes from the meat industrial, thats actually more than the hole transport sector. And yes, you could say that you belive in the cycle of life but that is not a valid answer when we go in and play god, and obviously not stay in the cycle but belive ourselves to be above it.

Link worth looking at in Swedish.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: