Friendships
Monday, March 10, 2008
So I have come to understand that making new friends is not that difficult at all. Look interested, preferably be interested, in what they think and want to be when they grow up. But now comes the hard part, to actually become a ongoing part of their life. To be recognized as one of the obvious people to contact on a routine basis. And to know who they really are. Making them wanting to know more about you, hoping they might care about what you think about when you stair into thin air. Not to tell them to much of your secrets at once or ever in fact, not to make your old life apart of your knew one. And the hardest part of them all, making them feel comfortable about telling you their thoughts while gazing at the horizon and sharing their secrets.

Every new friendship makes me feel all bubbely inside and hoping for more. Well not every time but the people I really want to make part of my every day life. Making me obnoxiously interested in what they think about. And I'm always curious about were their thoughts go when we talk, hug or just sit together in total silence. It almost feels like when you are in love. Or sometimes thats what happened and hopefully it goes away and replaces that feeling with a close friendship. Course the absolutely last thing I need now is to fall in love, to have my thoughts be all tangled up in false hope and daydreaming about the last smile I got. And of course wondering why they smiled at you.

Sunday was spent in a tea marathon with people like that, making me feel all good inside but hopelessly self conscious. Hopefully this will all go away but the new found friendships becoming a part of my every day life.

Song of the day: Blink 182 - Roller Coaster
This entry was posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: