Growing up?
Monday, March 24, 2008
But maybe it's not the right direction? Wasn't this what I wasn't suppose to do? Have I lost it all?

It all began as I was on my way home from my brothers house after the pillow fight day. We had a "play date" but I kept falling asleep and decided that my own bed would be the best place for me right now. And I felt really responsible as I remembered that I didn't have any food at home and actually took a D-tore to the grocery shop. This is when it all went horribly wrong. I had almost filled up on everything that I needed when I found my self in front of the tea shelf. I remembered the strange urge I had earlier that afternoon. My brother has several times tried to teach me the art of drinking tea. Which as so many other attempts had failed. But I asked if I could try it one more time. Suspiciously he put out the huge tea mugs. I had never asked for this before. Not the stuff he has, only my own "safe tea", rosehip.

I choose a flavour that couldn't bring myself to drink last time I tried. It reminded me of the one Cat had served me a couple of weeks earlier. And to my surprise I really liked it. So I sat there, falling asleep, with a huge cup of tea and started to warm up again.

This made a bigger impact on me then I ever could have imagined. I felt myself put back the rosehip and stared hard and long at the real deal stuff that doesn't come in a box. Sniffed a vanilla falovored one and took a big scoop. Maybe it was because of the freezing weather, the blows to the head earlier in the pillow fight or just that I was to tired to think about what I was doing but the tea ended up going home with me. And as I'm writing, there is a big cup of vanilla rooibos in front of me. And I will point out that I'm not growing up, this is not me getting in to better habits or something stupid like that. Like Peter Pan said, "I won't grow up!".

Song of the day: freezepop - bike thief
This entry was posted on Monday, March 24, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On Monday, March 24, 2008 at 7:13:00 PM GMT+1 , Anonymous said...

hihi, te är en riskfylld väg att ge sig in på... ;)

 
On Monday, March 24, 2008 at 10:54:00 PM GMT+1 , Leo said...

Moahaha!

Och den låten är en av mina absoluta favoriter också.

 
On Tuesday, March 25, 2008 at 10:46:00 AM GMT+1 , isobelll said...

I'm thinking I made a rather big mistake letting C introduce me to tea. ;p

And I got the song from you Leo =)